Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I would seriously reconsider having your shoulder replaced.

It’s a long story but I’ve had two shoulder surgeries. I’m a shotgun shooter and mounting a shotgun 2000 to 3000 times a week probably took its toll along with the punishment over the years in the gym.

I had a surgery on my left shoulder. A surgeon ground out a lot of arthritis and tried to make some room to correct an impingement. As usual, I jumped back into the gym too soon and the thing really took a long time and never really got better. After consulting with the surgeon and other doctors in the group, they all concluded that my shoulder was toast and I needed a replacement. My left shoulder was so bad that I couldn’t drive and use the steering wheel without pain that felt like an ice pick going into my shoulder, and I couldn’t put dishes out of the dishwasher back up into a cupboard

I decided to just quit working shoulders at the gym. If it hurt I didn’t do it. That layoff helped, and I soon began adding a little bit of shoulder work back into the routine.

I’m in the gym five days a week now as always. I only work shoulders once a week and very lightly. But I’ll tell you right now I don’t need a shoulder replacement yet. It’s working just fine.

If I were you I would try giving it some time before you jump into a replacement surgery. The doctors always told me that my natural joint was better than any man-made thing they could put in. The man-made joints only last about 15 years anyway on you’ll need another one.

I don’t want to offend, but Lol.

I was there, did the same thing, I had my first surgery on shoulder 30 years ago. Every time I “tweaked” it I did exactly what you suggested. And it worked…kinda, but never came back better or same as before the “tweak”. It’s finally got to point no matter what I do it hurts to put on a coat or even get dressed in the morning. So I am at point that if I have to give up my big bores to wake up and get dressed without pain I’ll do it.
My OP asked about recoil, in today’s market if I can unload my big bores at good price I might be able to afford a custom small fast one that will satisfy the custom gun itch smile