Be Interested to know more about the nonsurgical polyethylene glenoid replacement procedure? I had a total shoulder arthroplasty back in 2008. Haven't spoke to original surgeon since my procedure, but other orthopaedic docs have told me conventional wisdom was about a 15 year lifespan on that particular part. The steel rod they pounded down into top of my humerus with the ball end of the artificial joint, I presume has a lifetime warranty?
Recovery when I had mine done was miserable, had the ice water circulating pump, but could have easily consumed twice the pharmaceuticals they handed me. Anytime they saw bones off and pound metal rods down your arm,, it ain't a fun ride.
Guess I'm fortunate, after long rehabilitation, PT that was torture, within about a year, I could tell things were going to go well.
Range of motion is far better than before surgery as well as strength. I'm 68, still shooting, working shoulder hard as I want, hit the gym, cautious about to much weight, but can do a 200 pound bench, good enough for an old fart. I do worry about the artificial glenoid joint thinking that's the weak link in the whole deal. .... going to investigate that new procedure the other poster mentioned.