Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Dntnddb
[quote=saddlesore][quote=Oldidaho]

Have you had reverse? I’m interested in hearing about that as well. I’m going under not knowing which I’ll wake up with, the docs are 90% certain rotator is ok, due to strength, but due to metal from previous repair due to dislocations, they can’t be sure until open me up.

Yes, mine was the reverse.

If they do that, you will find there are movements that you are not capable of anymore. Besides the shoulder, they had to re-attach my bicep muscle, but could not get it high enough are. Consequently I could never get my strength back in that arm back.

Six weeks in a sling which is strapped to your chest. So no movement.Then very slow progression of physical therapy.Your elbow and shoulder initially feels like it was never suppose to unbend.Take pain medication about 1/2 hour before your PT begins.

Don't believe it when they tell you it will be like new again. It won't. You will find there are things that give you trouble, like putting on a shirt or coat.

I am 3 years out now. Still have to do PT every other day. Probably for the rest of my life.

The good thing is now my arm doesn't hang down at my side like a useless appendage.

Hell, it hurts to put a coat on now!