Free healthcare. I have no idea what the answers is but how many Americans truly go bankrupt over healthcare and healthcare alone? Most people with even halfway decent jobs are covered through their employer for all but $3,500 tops per year out of pocket if not significantly less. The poor are covered through the government. The worse case scenario if someone did file bankruptcy on it in most cases it would be a complete write off for them without losing anything and their credit could be back in decent shape within a year or two.

I want my guns and my God given freedoms.

I’ll pass on multiculturalism. All decent people and cultures deserve respect but that doesn’t mean that I want to live with them all. I like neighbors with somewhat similar worldviews, family, moral, work, and lifestyle views to my own and even a similar age. I have a young family with kids which is why I live in a subdivision full of younger married couples with kids and not a college town or a retirement community. Most people tend to “self segregate” for the same reasons.

Free cable TV. I don’t own a TV

Free camping. We have way more free camping and hunting land in the US by far than what Australia does. If you want RV style camping with sewer and electric hookups then you’ll have to pay.

The author seems to really like free stuff while being lukewarm at best towards God, individual freedom, and guns.

The notion of the community good over individual freedom is one of the greatest evils. At face value it can sound good but it’s the 50.1 majority popular group being able to run roughshod over the God given rights of everyone else. Most of the time the majority is little more than the uniformed sheeple being lead by a charismatic politician and his propaganda wing or are voting for the candidate that will give them “free stuff.”

Edit to add that none of this is meant to be anti Australia but anti the American that wrote the article.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 02/21/22.