"The Judge said son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else, then you won't have to die....I spoke not a word. Though it meant my life, for I had been in the arms of my best friend's wife."

Lefty Frizell "Long Black Veil"

"I read about some squirrelly guy who claims that he just don't believe in fightin'...And I wonder just how long the rest of us can count on bein' free."

Merle Haggard "Fightin' side of me"

"But when we get behind closed doors, and she lets her hair down low, and she makes me glad, that I'm a man.....Cause no one knows what goes on behind closed doors..."

Charlie Rich "Behind closed doors"

"I woke up this mornin' tastin' Jim Beam. Holding the answer to some old boy's dream. Got a bad reputation guess I'm a live wire like my whiskey on ice and my women, on fire."

Hank Williams, Jr. "Whiskey on Ice"

"Postman delivered, a past due bill notice and the alarm clock rang two hours late. Garbage man left all the trash on the sidewalk, and the hinges fell off of the gate. And this morning at breakfast, I spilled all the coffee, and opened the door on my knee.....The last thing I needed, the first thing this morning, was to have you walk out on me."

Pure poetry, by Willie Nelson.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis