I just bought a No1 V in 22-250 also. I have a 223 No1 V, that gun shoots very tiny groups with a 55 grain bullet. I am hopeful on the 22-250 also. I have not shot the 22-250 but I have never had a bad No 1. Yes some took some work, but so far all have been at least MOA rifles in the end. I am will be working on three new ones soon including the 22-250, 300 wm and a 45/70.
I had a 220 swift that was almost as accurate as the .223.
It averaged 3/8” groups. Should still be in my safe. The above .223 will be with me until I pass it to my grandson along with my 257 roberts. The Roberts took the most work as it was a 3-4” in gun when Ruger sent it as a replacement. I drilled and tapped a set screw in the hanger
and made a saddle with a recess for the screw. Kinda of a homemade Hicks. I made a wedge of wood and moved it in and out shooting groups with out the forend. I found the sweet spot which gave me a approx of forend tension needed. ( I drilled forend set screw after testing with the wedge). I then bedded the forend and free floated the
forend along with relieving the stock slightly where it contacted the receiver. I had article years ago that showed the procedures. I am not sure but think it was Guns and Ammo written by Ross Seyfried. Good
luck and dont be surprised if it shoots nice groups or needs work. Enjoy the process