Well this is my first effort at posting pix here so we'll see...or not! LOL! (in which case you can just click the linked images) but on with my mounting and range experience with my 3-15X44 Burris Signature HD scope as mounted on a Ruger "All Weather" (AKA:"Boat Paddle) chambered in .270win as mounted using Leupold 1"/High Mount/Offset Rings which I found a bit disconcerting as the front offset mount bridge appears to be on the ultra-wimpy side however?...me being a 35 year aerospace machinist I have faith in the fact that these rings are "Forged Steel" (and not just machined from standard billet./plate/bar stock) and the structural integrity that comes by way of the unified structural strength of rear mount, front mount and scope tube working in unison as an assembly but still?...LOL...however I imagine Leupold design engineers were looking to save the hunter ounces and that they did! LOL!...but the big points come by way of fit and ergonomics as I can now shoulder this rifle with closed eyes and when I open my right?....the scopes sight picture is right where it should be and it was these rings that gave me the adjustability necessary to achieve that....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I bore-sighted it the old fashioned way by setting up on our dining table, removing the bolt and looking through the bore centering a spot (a light on our kitchen stove 12' away) in the bore then adjusted the scopes crosshairs to a spot 1.830" (my measured distance between scope and bore centers) above the light in the bore...granted it's a bo-bo method of bore sighting but it got me on paper at 50yds 1st shot 6 1/2"s low 1 1/2"s right using some old 140gr Silvertips where by shot #5 (guesstimating clicks with "about that many clicks" spins of the knobs) I was well centered and confident enough to move out to 100yds and start using my fresh bought Federal Premium 140gr Berger Hybrid Hunter Bullets and Winchester 130gr Deer Season XP Extreme Point Bullets and both grouped well in the 15-20mph gusting head-on winds holding 1"- 1 1/2" groupings though I did notice the Federal 140's grouped slightly to the left while the Winchester 130's grouped slightly to the right (for some reason...maybe) LOL

[Linked Image]

After slow fire doping both brands and bullet weights at 100yds?...I moved out to 200yds and was greeted by a 2" group of 3 shots using the Winchester 130gr Extreme Point Bullets which oddly enough seemed to group slightly better than the Federal Premium 140gr Berger Hybrid Hunter Bullets but the big takeaway here was the 200yd Hashmark of the Burris Sig HD BDC Reticle was spot-on! smile

[Linked Image]

And here's my mixed bag of pros and cons...

The Glass: on this scope is incredible despite it $500 price tag and at 15 magnification no spotting scope was necessary as hits were crystal clear at 200yds even to my old eyes....you'll be looking through $1,000+ scopes if you found better.

The Turrets: The clear & concise step-by-step instructions on Burris's website made using the High Mount Zero Stop Elevation Turret and the Low Mount Windage Turret straightforward and easy to adjust and zero out with true to size clicks of 1/4"@100yds adjustment.

The Illuminated Crosshair: Is obviously useless if you're a daylight hours only target shooter but a value added blessing for dawn to dusk hunters with 6 power levels but?....no auto-off feature.

Lense Covers: Apparently?...for $499.05 you don't get any but what you do get is?....

Burris's "FOREVER WARRANTY": which is Regardless of Owner Transferable, No Shipping or Repair Charges, No Registration, No Receipt & NO QUESTIONS ASKED and for that?...I'll go ahead and shell out for some Butler Creek lens covers rather than get a warm fuzzy over some cheesy included ones on bungee cords! LOL!

Hope you enjoyed the review as much as I enjoyed reviewing it! smile

Last edited by Marine77; 04/09/22.

Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak The Truth