Originally Posted by drano 25
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so.

You do know Ed Brown's 1911s are every bit as expensive and reliable/accurate as the WC 1911s right?

Surely you would at least go to Brown's website and verify the utter BS you are spewing.

I have a Wilson CQB Compact that I have had for years, back when they were sub $2500 it was gifted to me by my uncle before he passed, I have owned full size Wilson, Baer and Brown, and sadly let them go for trivial unjustified reasons related to either weight or size.

To try and put DW or any other mass produced 1911 up against any of the top shelf 1911 builders is ludicrous at best, but I would put DW and S&W 1911s up there above a myriad of other options.

FTR, I wouldn't put Kimber in the same basket as a Philippines made RIA, I have had a dozen of those over priced and unreliable turds and was disappointed every damn time.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member