How many months does it take to "ramp up" oil production and gas oil refineries in the US 127 IQ genius?

What's going on with sky rocketing diesel prices now on the east coast? All affect the availability of food and fuel now in the US. Will there food and fuel shortages now in the US because of our support of the corrupt Ukraine? think hard now

Do you even possess a 6th grade level of economics, global supply chain issues, global economics and production despite your 127 IQ? lol

How the hell will farmers plant crops if soil temps are in the 40's?

your geography degree sure paid of lol

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by hosfly
If the Ukrainians want to keep killing Russian soldiers and destroying frontline Russian combat equipment, I want to keep sending them arms and ammo. Every dead Russian and destroyed tank, helicopter, and IFV is one less that NATO may eventually have to face.

If the rest of the civilized World bans exports to and import from Russia and bans Russian flagged and owned ships from docking, the Russian people are going to feel the pain sooner or later. Ukraine exported a lot of wheat and with the war going on, Ukrainian farmers might not even put in a crop this year, so whatever countries they exported to are going to need an alternative source, like from the U.S. and Canada. Russia is the 3rd largest wheat producer, but what will they do if they can't export it. I wonder if they ever considered that their invasion of Ukraine might drive Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO?
You dumbass The ONLY nation UK is destroying is the US,,
I’d recon that if they can’t import that wheat over something that is none of our business that it will be similar to oil prices. The price will go up in addition to the inflation for the next $40 billion that we borrow from China to send to Ukraine.

As far as US farmers there’s a finite amount of ag land. For every acre that they put into wheat it’s one less acre that will be put into corn ect. It’s not going to be a net gain for the average American.

Do you really believe that increased oil, and wheat good prices in addition to $40 more billion to Ukraine is the best post possible use of US dollars?

I doubt that many farmers are going to convert corn and soybean fields into wheat fields, at least those farmers located north of I-70. Wheat is a dryland crop, while corn does better as an irrigated crop.

I believe that oil prices are higher because the Biden Administration is militantly opposed to fossil fuels, coal and oil, and favors a rapid, unrealistic, conversion to eco-friendly renewable fuels. The U.S. went from being an exporter of oil to an importer because of political policy changes, not because of a shortage of crude oil. Presumably a Republican administration would reverse the Biden policies that go full speed ahead on drilling and refining oil for domestic and export consumption. The U.S. needs to take up the slack in LNG and oil for Europe, so that they can stop buying the same from Russia. As long as they need fuel from Russia, they are in a position of weakness.
I think you’re a good guy based on previous post so we’ll probably agree to disagree. I agree 100% that wheat land is typically not good corn or bean land. That was my intent with my original post, that claiming farmers will switch from one crop to another is BS and even if they do it will effect the price of other commodities.

Biden’s oil policies jacked up the price of oil big time but so did his and RINO supported bans on Russian oil. China is the net benefiter.

Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant to me. I believe what I believe and don't care what other folks believe. This is a free country, so we're all free to believe what we choose to believe. I don't care if others agree with me or not, 'cause I'm not trying to convince anyone to change what they believe.

I don't think that NATO members should buy from or sell to Russia, zero trade. Isolating Russia from European and North American goods and technology will weaken Russia. Russia is our enemy and has been for over 100 years, whether we called them Russia or the USSR.

Right now Russian flagged or affiliated aircraft can't overfly NATO member nations, nor can their ships dock in NATO member nation ports. You can't do much foreign trade if you can't land or dock in many countries. When Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are NATO member nations they will be able to close the Baltic Sea. Turkey is a NATO member and can close the Black Sea. Closing access to the Baltic and the Black Seas would eliminate ocean going access to Russia's warm water ports. Wheat is a commodity and nobody can afford to ship commodities by any means other than ship. If Europe doesn't buy Russian oil and natural gas, who will? And, if Russia does find new markets for their natural gas and oil, how are they going to ship it without unhindered ocean access?

China and India both produce more wheat than Russia does, so do they need to buy wheat from Russia?

I think that the U.S. needs to ramp up oil production so that we are 100% self-sufficient and can provide NATO members with oil that they are currently buying from Russia. If we were self-sufficient and the primary provider to Europe, Russia and the Middle Eastern would be hurt economically and politically.

Or so it seems to me.