Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by ribka
At 7 30 min mark in video. Compare this Russian women's and her children's resolve and courage with tranny Zelenskiy's surrendering AZOv NAZIs

Interesting. I'll have to watch more when I have time.
I sped through this article with a link to Blinken's characterization of last falls negotiations.
https://original.antiwar.com/Ronald_Enzweiler/2022/05/18/who-misread-whom-in-ukraine-war-debacle/

good analysis. from your article. Reveals what a weak global homo joke our DOD has become. And the same DOD thought they could break and defeat goat herders in Afghanistan after 20 years of losing battles. Now they want to take on a superior nuclear power? What a joke the US has become

Not believing in coincidences, I find it revealing that US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin made an out-of-the-blue call on Friday May 12th – the day after the Kissinger interview was published – to his counterpart in the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD). These two principals had not spoken since before the war started. In this call made at Austin’s request, he "urged an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine." The Pentagon added that "Secretary Austin continues to have concerns about what’s going on in Ukraine." Incongruously, this call was made by the same Gen/SecDef Austin who had announced two weeks earlier on a high profile European trip an escalation of US war aims in the conflict. Besides fighting for Ukrainian democracy, Austin said, a second US goal in the conflict was "see[ing] that Russia [is] weakened to the degree that it can’t do the kinds of things that it has done in invading Ukraine." This goal presages the long war that General Mark Milley foresees. Hard to see how an immediate ceasefire – as desirable as that would be and no matter which side you think is winning on the battlefield – would achieve Austin’s new stated goal for the war and President Biden’s call for regime change in Russia. Is there a purpose behind this mixed messaging or is it evidence of incompetence?

Last edited by ribka; 05/19/22.