After buying my first 9.3x62 almost 20 years ago I never hunted with my .338 Winchester Magnum again--and I hunted a LOT with that .338 for about a dozen years, from Alaska to Africa. But the 9.3 got just about the same velocity with 250-grain bullets, and in general killed quicker, so I never hunted with the .338 after 1999--and eventually I sold it last year, after realizing it wasn't doing anything except range-testing new bullets and powders.

Had a couple of .375 H&H rifles for quite a while, but last year realized that I also hadn't hunted with the .375 for at least a dozen years, also using my 9.3x62 in preference. So sold my last .375 too. If by some chance I ever go on another Cape buffalo hunt will take the 9.3 instead, because I have never been able to tell any difference in performance, and have taken a lot of game with both rounds. (In fact sold off about 1/3 of my rifle collection within the past couple years, partly because I always regarded them to be part of the retirement fund--and while I'll probably never totally retire, would like to slow down a little more from the "semi-retirement" have been enjoying the past few years.)

Might also mention that I killed my last moose, a mature bull in Alberta, with the 7x57 Mauser--which worked just fine. But the two quickest moose kills I've seen have been with the .270 and 9.3x62!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck