Thanks, Rex.

One other side of the story is that while we both really like moose meat, our game-meat supply didn't really need any "help." We have two 15-cubic-foot chest freezers--along with Eileen's 15-cubic-foot upright freezer for her "special project" stuff. We have one of the chest freezers upstairs, next to the kitchen, which contains the meat we got the previous year--our "using" meat.

The other chest freezer's in the basement, which is where we put the meat from this hunting season. Between the two freezers we have the meat from seven deer and pronghorns--and in the garage also have the last deer I killed, a big mule deer doe taken on November 16, which froze solid a couple days after that. (Will probably put her in the basement to thaw when we get the time to butcher.) There's also a cache of wild pork from Texas, and probably 50 pounds of boned meat from our last elk. So we're not going to starve without the moose.

The funny thing, of course, is that if I'd put in for a bull moose tag and drawn, it could have been easily filled in mid-October! Or in early November. But had never drawn a bull tag in almost 50 years of applying, so put in for a cow....

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck