God Speed Roger and your Dad. No easy time, but your doing the best that can be done.

Took the Chiainsaw to the 25 year old hedge and really upset the yellow jackets and I’m guessing the rabbits are going to be ticked off as well. It needed a ground level prune and some stumpgrinding.

Had dinner last night at Ft Griswold overlooking the slope where the redcoats ate musket balls for the better part of the day till they breached the fort and then Ran ol Col Ledyard with his own sword as legend has it. I’m guessing that the farmers probably were not fighting by the kings rules. Told the kids about how ol Bennidict returned to the river that led to his birth place and burned the whole town of New London to the ground. You can still find slate burial stones here that mark the dead from that fight and they don’t mince words about how they felt about Mr Arnold or the kings men on the epitaphs.

Grilling Brats and smoking ribs Sunday. That pork butt looks awful good and may do one of those to try to keep up.
Garage needs a roof, and the septic needs to be pumped, but may put that off till later in the month so I can prime up the flint lock Hawken and the 357 to raise up the smoke and thank those farmers while the red white and blue flies on the flag pole.
Here’s to you Ol Glory…..long may you wave

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......