I used to see them at a place I hunted a few counties south of here, back in the 80s and 90s, when people swore there were no coyotes in Virginia. Now I see them quite a bit on the Yorktown Battlefield, around Walmart and Sam's Club, and other places. Richmond Virginia media has reported that the city is crawling with them at night. But I've never seen one here at the location in the pictures above. But I know they're there. I see their foot prints, and come across their feather/fur infused turds. So there is an opportunity to actually hunt them here. I'm pretty sure few do, other than landowners shooting them.

While hunting anything else with a rifle larger than .22 in this county is prohibited, rifles larger than .22 are legal for groundhogs and coyotes. Night hunting with lights or night vision is also legal as long as it's not general deer season.

I've never hunted them before. I may give it a try come September. With the rolling terrain and large clear cuts, there would be opportunities for some long shots.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 07/30/22.