Originally Posted by LFC
1). One is a predator/mammal with a bigger brain the other is a bird with a brain no bigger than a pecan with the mental capability of glOck head or yOderboy....

2). The coyote requires full camo and you have to play the winds....he has two defense systems his nose and his vision. The turkey only has one defense system his eyes.

3) You can't hunt the same farm for days on end and kill coyotes with turkeys you can.

4)Turkey hunting doesn't require full camo and the wind isn't involved.....

5) Both require skill to hunt if you don't use a blind or decoys.

6) I've hunted both successfully for years......for close to 50 years.

1). True.

2). Wrong. Hell, Gerry Blair called and killed coyotes in a Santa Claus suit to prove that camo wasn't necessary. Deer hunters in blaze orange have close encounters with coyotes all the time. I have lip squeaked a chit load of coyotes during deer season with a blaze orange jacket and hat on. Lots of guys wear Carhartt clothes that are so worn that they are nearly white. Movement on the stand is what spooks coyotes. You simply can't get away with much fidgeting around while on a calling stand. The same as old gobblers, right?

2A). Coyotes and turkeys have hearing and can and do use that as a defensive tool. As a coyote hunter or turkey hunter with 50 years of experience I would have thought that you realize that is why you are making those noises on a call - hearing.

3). Only partially true. You can hunt a farm for a few days and end up being successful on coyotes. If you hunt the farm the first several days and there aren't any coyotes in that area at that time and then on the third day there is a coyote within hearing that coyote can and will come to the call. He has no reason not to, he wasn't around the first several days and has no idea you were there as long as you watched your approaches and didn't scatter scent all over the place. And depending upon how much human activity the farm has that may not be as big of a deal as you think it is.

3A) And the flip side of that is that it is entirely possible to over hunt an area and burn it out if you are bumping and spooking coyotes and over calling.

4) We have covered this - asked and answered.

5) Surely.

6) If you say so. But I'd say you have a bit to learn about the predator side of things yet.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.