So that was pretty anti-climactic. I went to retrieve my camera. Two of the pieces of fried chicken had been eaten, with the skin pulled off and not eaten. The other four pieces were untouched. What kind of infernal creature would eat fried chicken and not the skin? Whatever it was must have been low enough not to trigger the camera. I had it set a little high so I could see down the trail. I had the flash turned up and the sensitivity on long range. Nothing. The only pictures I got were when I set it up and when I took it down. And no tracks of any kind on the trail that I had it watching.

However,

After I took my camera down, I decided to walk the trail past the second bend. Lots of deer tracks there. As I am wrapping my strap around my camera, not really paying attention, I look up and vaguely notice something walking in the high weeds to my left going in the same direction as me. It was a big ass skunk. It was like 12 feet away. I don't think it ever saw me. I stopped and it continued on. It started to turn left into the thicket where I flushed three hens a couple of weeks ago. I started making kissy sounds and it stopped, finally saw me, but never got defensive. I pulled out my Glock 19 and took aim I could have nailed it but I decided to let it go. If I see it again after September 1 when they are in season on this state forest, I will. I understand that are very much egg eaters.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/12/22.