I don't change a load that is working as long as I can get the same components. If I'm having trouble shooting it I might add a Limbsaver slip on pad . If that don't take care of the issue I'll shoot a cartridge that already has less recoil or one with a stock design that distributes the recoil of the larger cartridges mo'betta. Good example is 200-220 grain loads in a Krag , I sold my original when I got to the point that those loads were too much for my neck and shoulders to handle. A few years later my dad died and I took possession of his guns. One was a Krag that my great uncle built for him before I was born. He took a Krag barreled action and put it in a Bishop mid grade stock that was actually designed for something besides the Krag. I had a bunch of the 220 grain loads left so decided to try them in his rifle . The difference in the original and the Bishop stocked rifle was night and day . The 220's in it were more like a 170-180 grain '06 load and while not as easy shooting as my 6.5's were absolutely manageable with the hard rubber plate that was on the stock.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.