Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Bugger
I used to shoot the 350 Rem Mag in a 600 action quite a bit. I sold it now I still have a 350 Rem Mag in a 700 Classic & a 35 Whelen in a BDL. I can still shoot that level of recoil ok. But I’m tending to lighter bullets than the 250 grain Partitions that I used to prefer - 225’s are nicer to me.
This year, it looks like 90% of the licenses I applied for were declined (South Dakota big game tags are as common as the CNN reporter reporting truthfully). I have a couple white tail tags and maybe a pronghorn. I suspect that I’ll be carrying a 280, 7mm-08 or a 7x57. A 257 Robert’s or a 25-06 might get the nod too. There’s still a chance of getting more tags, we’ll see 🫤. I got turned down in New Nexico and Wyoming too, BTW.

I love my 600 350 Rem myself. 180’s at 2875 seem like they work fine too.

That 700 Classic is too nice to leave at home.

The 350 mag in the 600 was one of the two rifles/cartridges that I lost sleep over when buying my first rifle. I still question my decision! Though, a 350 REM. Mag in a light rifle, may have offered more recoil than a 14 yo kid would enjoy! 😁

But, living where I grew up, I thought that a lever gun was more practical and I liked the idea of it being offered in a military cartridge…..I got a Win. model 88 in .308 Win! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/10/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024