Originally Posted by Seafire
I've taken flak for it here on the campfire, but I am totally against drugs....especially illegal stuff, that the liberal left wants to keep legalizing...
especially in Washington and Oregon, and California....

I feel for the families and their loss, as far as the 'victim'... not really they did it to themselves...

what is any difference in Overdosing or just committing suicide??? produces the same outcome..

and with that, I am accused of being "totally heartless" frequently.

What if someone gets strung out because they were over prescribed. Wife had thyroid surgery and they gave her an ungodly amount of opiates. So much that the pharmacist told me that they didn't have that much in stock.

Not saying that people shouldn't take personal responsibility, but a little helping hand might be needed. That said I also understand that loved ones can only do so much and may have to refuse to help after getting shidt stolen, etc.

We really need to bring back forcibly committing some people to hospitals. They don't go, then off to jail with them.

I hear you on legalizing it, though. One look at the sea of homeless camps in Portland should be proof of what a failure that's been.

Last edited by Steve; 08/12/22.

Carpe' Scrotum