The government said it so its true the natives had time to collect arms and ammo strip the body's mutilate but they stripped Custer and didn't touch him because he was loved and adored by the Indians. As I stated there is many conflicting stories easy to find just look. Personally I would trust a elf I mean a natives and the numerous sites and testimony. To repeating old history books this was during the dime store novels all the stories about the gunfighters were true too haha. To say these are all rumors and gossip is lazy intellectually. I am not arrogant enough to think I know everything. At least one should have an open mind. And continuing research should be encouraged not dismissed in a very impolite way. We can only surmise what happened . This started as a post from me on this thread and turned into personal attacks. Personally I welcome differing views and conversation that is done in an adult manner. I could put people on the spot and embarrass them I prefer not to do that. Have your opinions don't attack other views.