Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Trapdoor. The Savages had the lever action.

True, but few people realize the superiority of the trapdoor over the Henry in Indian warfare…

Shrapnel…. I respect the years of research that you’ve invested in the study of the LBH so I’d be interested in your opinion of why you believe the single shot Trapdoor was better for Indian warfare than a repeating rifle? I can understand how it was more accurate at distance and packed the punch to take out a horse but I think for the close up combat of either mounted or dismounted troops a repeating rifle would be preferable. I can’t help but to think that if those Troopers that day had all been armed with Winchester or Henry lever action rifles or Spencer repeaters the outcome might’ve been different?….the force multiplier those repeaters would provide of sustained fire against a superior number of enemy…..coulda, woulda, shoulda. 😁

I appreciate all those that contribute to these types of threads, I always learn something.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~