Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by smokepole
That's right. You're supposed to jump up and down to make sure he knows you're a threat.

Damn, I thought it was jump on his back and slice his throat?? I just can't get this hunting schidt straight!!!

Bare hands dude. Using a knife is not really hunting.
If you're shooting something from so far away that it has little or no chance of perceiving a threat, it becomes target shooting at a live target IMO. But that's just me and I'm sure that if at some point in the future weapons that allowed getting to high ground on a clear day, spotting an animal in the next county via satellite imagery and killing it with one of those nifty new lazer rifles, it will still be considered sportsmanlike and ethical to some "hunters". In some places it's still considered unsportsmanlike and/or unethical to jack light, bait or run deer with dogs. I don't see how using modern equipment to effectively kill them from distances where they don't/can't perceive a threat is much different. Where do you draw the line, 600 yards ? 1600 yards ? 10 miles ? Or do you not draw any lines and anything that results in a dead animal is still considered hunting ?

I'd put the line between 100-200 yards. Orders of magnitude more difficult to get within bow range than 200 yards.

Nobody wants to hear that though. Because most people can make a 200 yard shot.

A wise man is frequently humbled.