Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR
I’m not impressed by bow hunters who boast of long range shots. Too great of a chance to wound game. If lasers were outlawed, it might put an end to that 😏.
Haven't seen any bow hunters boasting of long range shots.

You’ve paid little attention. Extending the range of bows is becoming more and more common. Poundage ratings are increasing all the time with some custom rigs reaching 90-100s. People are doing custom sight tapes often out to 110 yards!

With my archery setup, I am comfortable to 40 yard shots on game. I’ve made target shots out to 90 yards. With rifles, I’ve made shots close to a mile target shooting but I will take big game shots out to 800 or so.

The notion that using a laser rangefinder should be outlawed is asinine as it is merely a tool to decrease the chance that an animal may be wounded. Ranging can be done in other ways including manual ranging with a reticle, maps, and even cell phone apps. Would it also be made illegal to have a cell phone while hunting? A mil-dot master? To what purpose? And most importantly, what business is it of yours how others’ hunt?

We’ll, yea, I mean,….there’s that. Anyway, you’ve got some nerve interjecting reason and sense into a 20 page dumpster fire. Talk about unethical! 🤭
If you had any reason or sense you'd realize 90 yards is far from beyond the range that a big game animal is capable of detecting a threat.

This shows you have a flawed sense of ethics. It isn't about game "detecting a threat" most will find unethical. It is taking a shot likely to wound and not provide a clean kill to the game that the average person worries about. Time of flight is the issue here...during that 90 yards of arrow flight, the game could take a step or two resulting in a gut shot or a flank shot, even if you've made a perfect shot. My bullets will reach game at 800 yards much faster than an arrow making a 90 yard trek.

That is the problem, not the hunter's ability to avoid detection.
No doubt you and your kind have no reservations about ground sluicing game birds or shooting tame/captive animals behind a high fence and calling it ethical and sporting. As long as you can kill something it's all good. If you need the meat or you'll go hugry that's acceptable but somehow I think if you can afford those high dollar rifles and optics that isn't the case.

You are full of [bleep] and should probably refrain from making statements about things you don't know.

Its not my fault you can't shoot and you wound game at close range.
Perhaps you should refrain from making statements about things you don't know since you've stated twice now that I can't shoot and wound game and that is far from the truth on both counts. It's too bad you never learned to hunt.