Still ok to ship USPS, but... for how much longer with an openly hostile government?[/quote]

Shipped one yesterday USPS. $60 from MN to Vermont priority and $900 ins. The clerk didn't know if he could ... had to ask the manager.

A couple years ago I brought one in and the clerk refused to ship, so did the manager. I went home, printed of their regulations and went back with a copy and the letter you need to hand them and asked for the manager again ... they shipped it.

This is the letter I use and provide the clerk; they stamp and file it. If you go priorty and insure for $501 or more you meet option c. below.
August ___, 2022
To: Post Office

Package contains a Savage Model 99 rifle. It is unloaded and no ammunition is included in the package. The rifle in not ineligible for mailing under 12.1.1d of USPS DMM Revision: Mailing Firearms – Clarification. Package also contains a copy of the FFL licensee of the addressee.
Mail with a “Return Service Requested” endorsement and mail via the cheapest of the following three options:
a. Express Mail (“signature required” must be used at delivery) or
b. Registered Mail,
c. or must in¬clude either insured mail service (for more than $500) requiring a signature at delivery.
Ensure for $______.

Sincerely,

Last edited by KeithNyst; 09/03/22.