Originally Posted by Waders
I have mixed feelings about Ayoob. I believe he has a good heart and means well. His legal advice is mostly correct (in my opinion), but "mostly" correct legal advice can be harmful. Very harmful. It's akin to a submarine that is "mostly" free of holes.

As for the video in the OP, contrary to Ayoob's assertions, you do not necessarily commit "felony aggravated assault" or any assault if you mistakenly point your gun at somebody who is a good guy. In my home state we don't even have a crime called "felony aggravated assault," and there is case law on point that contradicts his other conclusions regarding assault vs simple brandishing (or "unlawful display of a weapon" as we call it here).

He warns us to be wary of "stuff you'll hear on the internet," yet he is the embodiment of that which he warns against--a guy saying wrong "stuff on the internet!" He contends his analysis is correct for all 50 states, but it isn't. It might be correct in some states, but there's no way to know which ones by simply listening to him.

Get your legal advice from: (1) an attorney, (2) licensed in your home state, (3) who has experience in the area of law in which you seek help.

Yep. Great assessment. If you get your Legal Advice from the Internet, your probably going to get what you deserved for being a dumbass.
I know most here love to run down lawyers. But having a really good one when you need one is priceless.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~