I’ve read Ayoob since he first appeared in the gun rags. He attached himself to every fad and ‘next big thing’ that would sell an article. Then he started marketing himself as a LE, self defense expert and expert witness. His writings took on all manner of legal mumbo-jumbo, sounding as if he were a lawyer or paralegal. As a guy who spent 32 full time years in harness—nights, weekends, whatever—eventually learning this guy was ‘career auxillary’ spoke volumes. His writing sounded like he couldn’t decide if he was a cop or a lawyer, for the defense or prosecution. He was 'identifying' as all of them.

Grantham PD must be a real understanding agency because I would have gotten my ass fired if I signed on as an expert witness for a defendant whose 1. Wife committed suicide by shooting herself in the BACK of the head (during an argument) somehow managing to gather no gunshot residue at the wound site. Then the guy tells two stories- 1. That she shot herself when he walked in the room, and 2. No, wait I was actually trying to grab the gun when she brained herself with my 38. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

We’ve all gotten subpoenaed by the defense on cases where we were the reporting or investigating officer. That’s not what we’re talking about here. We’re talking about the second oldest profession here which is ‘paid witness’- the earliest example being Judas Iscariot.

Any career, full-time cop accumulates a committed-to-memory encyclopedia of lies and BS stories, floated in attempts to cover various crimes. If there’s an active or retired full time cop here who could look at the Bias shooting reports and say ‘I want to testify for that poor innocent bastard!’ by gawd, raise your hand. I’ll buy lunch next time you’re through central MO and you can convince me in person.

None of this bothered Ayoob, who not only testified for the guy- but later, sold articles about his involvement in the case! While many of us with decades in the CJ system might see this as a conflict of interest, personal code of honor or potential policy violation, none of that bothered Ayoob. Because for him, it’s always about the “Ca-Ching”. And when the Defense got their asses handed to them on a motion for private lab analysis of ammunition, it suddenly became about “No Reloads for Defense”. Whatever it takes to sell an article, I guess.

Speaking personally here, I wouldn’t walk across the street to see this guy juggle hatchets with his feet. I can point and laugh from across the street.

Last edited by SargeMO; 09/19/22. Reason: grammar and clarity

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ