Originally Posted by Joshm28
1996 I was hunting our lease in Tuscaloosa County one Friday afternoon. I was watching 2 bobcats work the field edge when they stopped and the hair stood up on both. I look up the logging road and here comes a tan mountain lion. Here’s the thing the DNCR has stated for years there are none in the state but I know exactly what I saw. It cruised past at 20 yards and I’m sitting there with just my
Bow. Called the game warden and he told me I was full of [bleep] and didn’t see what I saw. I’ve got a pic (from the next day) of the print somewhere.

In that same time frame, maybe a little earlier, I had friends that were on a lease south of that in Marengo Co near Linden. Primarily bowhunting. One of them saw a lion from his treestand one October day mid-afternoon sunny. A buck and several does were feeding on acorns just out of range then all jerked their heads up. They spooked as the busted lion charged in. The guy had plenty of time to ID the cat at 50 yards or so in bright sunlight. Thru the season tracks were found and I think another hunter had a brief sighting as well.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."