Originally Posted by Burleyboy
1990 we were driving back from a marching band competition in SLC. We were extremely tired and had been awake most of the night before. We had made finals and had to play again late so it was well after midnight when we left. The band director and most of the students were on a bus but my friend Bill and I took his camaro down. The band director said we'll follow you in the bus and make sure your awake.

Next thing I know we were at my house and my friend said thanks for driving. I said I didn't drive I've been asleep since about Tremonton. Bill said whatever I've been asleep since then too I figured you drove. The next day the band director said we scared the hell out of him. He said we started swerving all over the road and then the car straightened out and sped up to like 100 mph and left them in the dust. I said that v6 Camaro could never go that fast.

Bill and I talked about it again last year. I'm still convinced he drove but he still swears he didn't. The band director still remembers it even though he's well into retirement now. He says he's convinced we both fell asleep and something else took the wheel. He says he never saw Bill drive as straight as the car did once it took off and left them.

This is the first time I think I've ever told this story. Bill and I speak about it from time to time but I've never told anyone else about it until now. I've always just told myself he had to have driven. Last year he finally convinced me he didn't when as we talked about we were both overwhelmed by an indescribable feeling. He said you feel that and I said yes, he said you finally believe me.

Bb

Jesus took the wheel?