Originally Posted by TracksWapiti
Found this review on Midway for the Barnes 120gr in 300BO

So you scoured the net looking for an elk testimonial and that’s the best you could come up with, huh?

Hell, if it’ll take down a whitetail it must be good on elk too.

You’re good to go, then!!!

I wish CPW would follow that logic. You can kill deer all day long with all kinds of bullets in a .223. IIRC, someone on here used a 204 Ruger to kill a muley a few years back. Those must be good on elk too!!!

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to find out whenever I cash my Colorado points in. Maybe I’ll show them some Midway reviews from anonymous internet strangers and lobby CPW to change the law so I can hunt elk with a .204 Ruger. Do you think they’ll find it compelling??

If not, I’ll try an 85 gr ballistic tip out of a .257 WBY at 3800 fps. Nosler lists it as a “varmint” bullet, but CPW says it’s good to go, so I shouldn’t have anything to worry about!

It doesn’t hit 1800 fps until 700+ yards. DAYUM!!! I’m not a good enough shot to hit them twice through the heart at long range like you can, but I’ll sure try!

Laffin!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.