Originally Posted by RickBin
No luck.

“Slept” next to the kennel for a couple hours before daybreak. She never came.

Left the kennel, sweaty t-shirt, and water and went to look for her. Glassed, honked the horn, shot the shotgun, did it all again and again.

No dice.

Left the kennel there and brought Jet home. She’s been locked up for going on 20 hours, except for pee and water breaks.

Way too windy for drones today, even though there apparently was a never-flown one available. That wasn’t going to end well.

So I’m hoping for a miracle now. A couple years back my uncle lost a puppy on the same ranch. It survived the night and turned up at a local ranch house. Named it Miracle.

That kennel and the water hole nearby will be checked regularly the next couple days, so there still is an outside chance.

Still … she was basically underfoot, and then she was gone. She may have wandered and gotten into a spot she couldn’t get out of … but I suspect a predator.

Still hopeful, but …

I lost one of my dogs South of Superior Wyoming. The road we were on was not the main one into town and was sort of the long way in. I hit it every day for 7 days and on the 7th there she was sitting in the middle of the road seemingly waiting for me. Oddly not all that thirsty but really hungry. Hope you find your old friend.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]