Glanced at the Colorado shooting thread just a minute ago... no wonder we have so many problems in our world today on ALL sides of an issue. Disheartening for sure BUT free speech as well. All I can do is worry about myself and hope I take the high road as much as my mortal weakness allows. I digress...

Back to this thread which has also garnered my attention for other selfish reasons. I have been without my GSP "Dutch" now for almost 3 years since putting her down (age and infirmity.) Bird hunting has just not been the same without a good dog and those days sadly are now in the rear view mirror for me. As I contemplate those many things in my life I have to be "thankful" for today, one pretty high on the list is the relationships and cherished moments I have enjoyed with my dogs over the years.

"Man's best friend," a pretty lofty and well deserved title. I am thankful, and Rick, I know you share the same sentiments. I am sorry for your loss despite ongoing hopes expressed by all the members.