Originally Posted by KeithV35
My good friend has been preaching about the joys of pcp airguns and finally the beginning of this year I bought a Wildcat MarkII in 25 caliber that had been massaged and tweaked a bit to the tune of 61ft lbs of energy with JSB 33.95 at 900 fps. Accuracy is amazing and at the same time boring after the 3rd shot because it just stacks them.

I know you weren't going down the slug rabbit hole, but I tried a few. Nelson 29.5 grain was the ticket for me, but this gun shoots almost anything I feed it well, including Hades and knockout slugs.

While the gun is more expensive than most of my powder burners, it's nice to send a few pennies down range instead of a few quarters with each pull of the trigger. I have a clear shooting path of 20 yards inside my house and use an old 22 rimfire pellet trap that I added some tar based sound deadening material to the outside to help with the "klang". A Huggett Snipe moderator cuts the Wildcat noise down to almost nothing and the ring from the pellet trap is minimal and insures that i can shoot whenever I want.

Oh and then a few months later I bought an older daystate air wolf in 22 caliber and the accuracy is again incredible, if one is good two is better!

Do you know what liner is in the FX? I don’t intend to go down the slug hole but I’m not going to say I’ll never do it…

I’m with you on the cost per shot. I’m still shooting powder burners really cheap with my own cast bullets, primers I paid 2 cents each for and light charges of pistol powder. But, a lot more time casting bullets and reloading (which I really enjoy) and then having to travel 15 minutes to my shooting range. The air guns I shoot in my back yard and the cheaper FX pellets I’m using are 6-7 cents each. Can’t buy a primer for that these days. Bullets start around 20 cents each for 22 caliber cheap ones and I don’t even want to talk about 30 caliber Sierras or the cost of rifle powder…

I’m envious of your indoor range. When we built our house, the basement was unfinished, free of obstructions and 90 feet long. I did shoot in it. Now it’s finished living space, still about 65 feet long that I could shoot but my wife has a fit! So shooting from my wood-shop is a good option, it’s 80 yards long but I have to deal with the wind and darkness. Still better than 30 minutes on the road and dealing with cold and or rain and the darkness!