I'd chartered home from Naknek after a very busy fishing season bearing D&D pizza's and refreshments. We took the jetboat up the Copper to see the salmon (about 300,000) and bears. My wife said there was a bear that was coming around every evening but hasn't messed with anything yet, I really enjoy my toddies but I held it down in case of bear duties. After Jay Leno it appeared the bear wasn't gonna show so I made a serious highball or 2. Next thing was my wife shaking me in my chair and yelling can't you hear that,,,,,, I grabbed a rifle and headed to the ruckus,, we had a dozen meat chickens in our old rabbit hutch's about 50yds away. As I neared the noise stopped and being pretty close I shouldered my 425 Express and clicked my flashlight,,the bear was just rising up and had a white chicken in his mouth,,I shot and the fire from my muzzle reached his throat. I immediatley retreated to the house and regroup and turned the genset on to see he has died instantly! At that point I was free to freshen my drink.

I tend to use more than enough gun