Originally Posted by minengr
Had a smokeless ML built so I could take deer out to 400. Chrono'ed and made a drop chart. First deer I shot was at 20 yards.
I was hunting in southern Iowa which was shotgun and muzzleloader only, years ago. I was posted on public because we were pushing the private ground next to it. A guy comes walking along the public and calls my shotgun a punkinballer. He said his muzzleloader was good out to 200. I said ok. He goes down aways and stops. A Bambi comes behind me about 20 yards and walks past down to muzzleloader guy and stops in a creek. I could see that deer perfectly at 60 yards. This guy shoots at Bambi and hits the mud and water below it, which caused a pretty good spray up. I died laughing, he had missed by 2-3 feet at 15 yards. The deer came back passed me and stopped to look at him. He asked me to shoot it because it was wounded. I said no way, my punkinballer wouldn't hit it. He went after it to track it and I told him he missed by 3 feet so don't bother. He couldn't accept that, I was still laughing.