Two at less than six feet. The first I was walking up a trail with a couple of kids who wanted to tag along. I literally stepped on the little deer and shot from the hip' The muzzle couldn't have been more than two or three feet from the deer when I shot.

Deer number two was shot in the same canyon a couple of years later. My buddy was workin the top of the ridge and kicked up a little spike that ran down toward me. Another shot literally from the hip. I had my buddy come down and told him he could have this ne if he wanted which he did. it was one of the hunts that was like a first for him out west as he was from NYC. He must have POed someone back there at the bank he worked for as they'd transferred him to Winnemucca Nevada. It was fun teaching him that there really were deer that lived out in the desert. He never quite got ovr the fact that they did.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE