If falling or hard hits to the scope are the measure of the brand then the Simmons Aetec wins hands down. I was hiking across some avalanche scree in the outback of Alaska years ago and took a tumble after loosing my footing and I unavoidably hit the scope on the rocks which scratched and dinged the scope pretty good but after getting back to camp I checked the zero and it hadn’t moved an inch. A couple months later I took that rifle and scope combo (I didn’t have the resources to go out and replace it without budgeting for it) over for an elk hunt on my buddy’s ranch. We were shooting our rifles earlier that day at the range on the ranch so we knew we were dialed in. That night we had a “gathering” of friends over to the ranch and threw a great party. The GIANT barn has the upstairs setup as a recording studio for various bands but mostly because my buddy and his brother are big time musicians having played with a lot of famous bands but mainly they played with Heart and its various members. About 2am I went out to the truck to bring my rifle inside with me and after slinging it over my shoulder I closed the truck door and took one step on the ice before landing hard on the rifle and scope. I really beat that scope this time I thought after seeing the huge dent and gouge I’d put in the objective lens. The next morning we all slept in 😂 and after a good breakfast in town I went to see how much the scope was off at the ranch range. I could NOT believe my eyes but that rifle and scope was dead on!…..as precisely as the day before. I did finally put a different scope on that .338WM but it wasn’t because of the scope. A guy that knew me and knew about the toughness of that scope offered me $150 for it which I happily took. I hunted with that scope for 7 years before replacing it and I had paid around $125 for it at the time so I can’t complain.

If all scopes were as tough as that Aetec the customers as a whole would benefit.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~