Originally Posted by IDMilton
“Help me understand the appeal?

Big glass?“

Sometimes, like the scope on the top rifle in the picture below, it is for a large optic. But now I use it for lots of things.

At first it was because I am one of the poors that get made fun of sometimes here :-).

I play musical optics a lot just to experiment with different things or for what I am doing that day. (This week I have had the red dot, the day scope, and the thermal on the lower rifle out shooting.)

Rather than buy several ADM, BOBRO, or Larue mounts at $250 each, I thought I would just buy one of these risers and use the rings I already had.

After I got the first one I liked it enough to get another for myself and to recommend them to some friends. All those screws and mounting surface make them feel super solid.

I can put eye relief what I want it, ring spacing, and I needed risers anyway. I don’t see a downside or what I would gain from going with Cantilever mounts

If I pay attention to mounting them the same each time, all of the optics below return to zero just fine.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks for taking the time to do the write up...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.