Originally Posted by IDMilton
This is the guy who wrote earlier in the thread that he took his new AThlon to the range and when I dialed 60 clicks got 63. I said I like the scope and got a little grief over it.

Today I went back to the range and if anyone cares, I am getting 62 clicks when I dial 60. I can live with that and will just build it into my drop chart.

I had a little more time today and would shoot once and then dial the scope back-and-forth a lot and then shoot the 60 clicks.(that is the farthest apart I can shoot my groups on my target).

I shot at different magnifications and parallax settings. And even though I said I wouldn’t do it again after having bent the windage knob on a previous scope, I put out my shooting pad on some mostly packed snow and did some drops.

My shooting pad is 1 inch thick, so very different from the half inch pad used in the tests mentioned on the other forum. I skipped The 18 inch drops and shooting after every drop and just dropped it three times on the left side from 36 inches, three times on the top the scope, then three times and it’s right side.

My first shot after the drops was about 2/3 of an inch right, then the next ones were right back where they should be.

Then I repeated it, so altogether I dropped the rifle and scope 18 times. My next shot touched the previous bullet hole before the drops.

I know this isn’t scientific and I’m not doing 20 shot groups to find true centers etc. I’m just messing around. But now I really like the scope. I was worried about buying a Chinese scope but I am going to use this and just not worry about it.

I have the target if anyone wants me to take pictures and upload them.

I’ve read these are piles of crap and can’t take any movement without shifting zero. Mine has been fine though. Go figure.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.