Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
There's a half dozen of these here that get used a lot at my local range....picked them up used for about $8 ea. Since our target frames at 200 are higher than the 100 (you shoot over the top of the 100 yd. target frames), I extended the main tube on 3 of them. For the pivot pin, I used a 1/4-20 coupling nut and drilled out one side of the threads until it fit over the shaft and then JB Welded it on. For the pivot pin, it's just a long 1/4-20 bolt with a non threaded area on the shank. Cut the head off, polish it up and you're good to go. Some I've rounded off and some have been left flat. If the flag is balanced, it doesn't make much difference.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ran into that issue at a couple ranges especially when getting out to 300. So my fix, since the adjustable extensions on Keeney or most others come out of the main stand tube I took a 6–12 foot paint roller extension, cut the threads off square. Drilled that end a little undersize so I could make the final fit tight. Crude but

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

With Keeney inserted

Which then puts my large Keeney flags up to 13 feet. Very stable once anchored meaning they wouldn’t sway in the wind like some of the more popular and expensive poles going that high

Had the same for Grahams but they went bye bye.

Last edited by Swifty52; 01/23/23.

Swifty