So, let's take this to the next step for those that think wind flags are something only high end target rifles need. Or that the only thing I work with is BR rifles...which couldn't be further from the truth. The majority of what I work with is warmed over factory stuff with possibly a good aftermarket barrel and well.done bedding and scope mounting.

This is my Interarms Mini Mark X in 223. The chamber is huge, the throat so long that the bullet doesn't get a sniff of the rifling and the inside of the barrel looks like 5 miles of bad railroad track. But after a lot of work, it will shoot solid 5 shot 1/2" groups with 748 and a Nosler 40 gr. BTip in any sort of reasonable conditions:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This 3 shot target was shot at 100 yds. with that gun and load. Again, the flags angle for each shot was the same but the wind speed was purposely ignored. Winds were somewhat sporty on the bottom end and fairly nautical on the high side. Clearly, the load is solid as there's almost no vertical. The amount of deflection is what any good ballistics program will tell you it should be with the muzzle velocity and the B.C. of the bullet. Clearly, the wind is moving the bullet exactly how much it should:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, let's look at something in between a well tuned BR rig that can shoot big .0's and little .1's and a light barrelled .5" gun.

This is my 22BR built on a Kelbly Atlas 700 foot print action. Chamber is a no neck turn, barrel is a Remington Sendero contour Kreiger. In short, it's an extremely accurate 'dog gun...which is what it was built for. It's a reliable .2" gun for 5 shot groups in any sort of decent conditions.

Both of these were shot on the same day with the same exact load. Again, windflag position was the same for both groups and the speed was purposely ignored for the group testing the L-R 'push'. I gave the scope some vertical clicks to better quarter the black border of the target for the 'push test'. And once again...not surprisingly wink...the bullet deflection is exactly what the math says it should be.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner