I hang out on both ends of that spectrum.

Spent 17 years in a for-schidt 1100 ft, 8-room farmhouse and swore that when the day came I left it, I'd never, EVER be cramped again. So, me and Momma and 2 teenagers now reside in a 3200 ft ranch and I haven't had to pull my elbows in to get anywhere in over 4 years. I don't care WHAT the heating or electric bills are.

My daily driver, however...............is a 190K mile Silverado and until 4000 pounds of spruce tree broke off in a wind storm and crushed the bed........... I was hoping for ANOTHER 190K miles. Now, I'm kinda in a pickle of "need".

As far as my turkey hunting goes................. I'm a box call addict. Probably not in my best interest here to say how many I have accumulated. But, I've told my wife that if I croak before her, she'll LOVE my auction. 97% of them have never seen the woods, nor will they. My turkey gun for the last 5 years (with ZERO plans to change, going forward, EVER) cost me about $150. All my prior dedicated turkey guns (5 or 6 or 7 of them) are still in the safe.............maybe to go out a day somewhere as a nostalgia thing. What I take to the woods on any given hunt is only what I need. My belt pack doesn't total a pound, fully loaded. My stool goes down over the barrel of my slung shotgun. And my shooting stick doubles as a walking stick. I wear a good pair of quality boots and my camo is a name-brand pattern on quality garments....... but nothing special.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.