As far as the chair thing, I started keeping some camo boat cushions at a few spots around the farm for the duration of the season. A chair confines me to shooting in a fairly narrow arc. Where I am, I have to be ready for a lot of backdoor action.

As to the want/need issue, I spent my early years doing turkey hunting on the cheap. I only got a couple of mornings a year. I repurposed a lot of my deer gear for spring. I just never got in the habit of spending a lot of money on the sport. The other issue was weight. Weighing myself down with a lot of gear didn't make sense when I was chasing gobblers up and down the ridges.

Then I started having success. I'm not saying staying light made me successful, but having success with a light load enforced the feeling of confidence. I never "needed" a lot of stuff to be successful, so I ended up not wanting it.

My message for years to the uninitiated was: There is no way you can spend your way to success. There is nothing that comes on a pegboard that will make you a better turkey hunter.

That's one of the reasons I never got along well with the Turkey Hunting Industry.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer