Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I can't figure why anybody'd want to live in Texas.

Stand in a pecan-lined west Texas river bottom at gobble time listening to 30 gobbling Rios on the limb and you'll understand MY draw to the Lone Star state.
What was the temperature, how many poisonous critters do you have to dodge and how much do you have to pay to hunt ?

This was 2015, I believe.

Morning temps were in the 50's.........maybe lower 60's. I relieved one d-back of his noggin with my Gerber. Saw 2 others. Was at the same place another year and never saw a toothy snake. Just don't sit down in thick grass if you can help it and watch where you put your hands down. The hunt was 3 days. Guide dropped me off an hour before gobble time and picked me up when I called him. The outiftter's lease was 26000 acres out of a 280,000 acre ranch. It was pure turkey hunting. In 2 trips there and a TON of walking, I never saw an active corn feeder except in the front yard of the lodge house. And those birds were STRICTLY off limits.

3 days hunting (2 bird hunt), lodging and home-cooked meals cost me $1350. We drove. If you flew, the price included pick-up and drop-off at the San Angelo airport.
Yikes, pretty steep price for a couple birds and a few home cooked meals. I doubt I spent that much for the last 40 deer I killed. Most of my hunting is done within 10 miles of home and a good bit right out the back door. I know I killed six last season and spent less than 200.00 total for license/tags, ammo and gas. Would have been less but I went to my buddies camp a couple times and that's an hour away. The rifles I used more than paid for themselves in venison long ago. If I were going to spend 1300.00 to hunt turkeys the limit would need to be 50 birds and the lodging needs to include hookers and blow. LOL

To each his own, I reckon. 😉

Six is a pretty solid spring !!! 😉👍 What states did you hunt ??
Never shot six turkeys in the spring but being frugal like I am, I have killed two with one shot. Twice.