Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Fullfan
I want to hunt 7-9 states every spring, but don’t need to hunt more than 3-4.

Hey, FF !!!!!!!!! Good to see ya around !!!

Up until this year, I never considered any more than 2 or 3 states per spring. But, it appears that retirement MAY be a possibility for me in the foreseeable future.............. I may become a bit more of a roadie from here on out.
How do you find the time ? Spring is a busy time on a Christmas tree farm planting and fertilizing. How many seedlings do you plant each year and how many trees do you have to fertilize ?

Some things you MAKE the time for.

Generally, everything we have to do in the spring is completed a month or more before our season starts. We plant 3K to 6K per year. Fertilizing is on an as-needed basis. That generally happens late February or early March.
Winters must be quite a bit shorter where you are than here. We couldn't start planting and fertilizing until April. February and March the ground is generally frozen and covered with snow here.

Quite often fertilizing is done with snow on the ground. Melting snow leaches it in.

Being retired I have lots of time. Met a guy back in Dec. We both were in Idaho trying to get the 23 elk tags, he has 7k acers in Kansas. Said I'm more than welcome to hunt it this spring. Headed for Missouri on 4/13 and plan of sliding over to Kansas for a bit.

Mr. Yoder how ya been?? I just got banned from Gobblernaton. Reason they gave me was, I was trying to sell TSS. When all I did was mentioned, I knew a guy selling 18g stuff for 42.00 a pound. Old Brice got his panties in a bunch I guess...

Don't gobble at me