Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Fotis
162 Absolute Hammer in 30-06 3070 fps via varget.
And accurate from what I've read.

That's essentially 300 mag performance out of the old '06.

Not a bad option.

If it's as Steve Davis is reported to have said, that the most impressive performance regarding added velocity is in rounds, '06 and down, not so much with the bigger cases, then that's where I'm focusing my efforts.

Fotis, you're a Bee fan. What do you think of my idea that because the AH doesn't engage rifling until the driving bands hit the bore, how that's not sort of a freebore? I had read that Roy used freebore to mitigate the pressure spikes of the powders he had access to at the time. He didn't have some of the really slow burners available now. He had to use faster powders and freebore was his friend.

The AH's need faster powders to get enough in the case to achieve the faster velocities. Do you see some similarity or am I barking up the wrong tree?

DF

With the 222 grain Hammer Hunter I get about 50 FPS more velocity with Power Pro Varmint than is possible with CFE223. Power Pro Varmint is faster than CFE223

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first