Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by southtexas
And the 6mm has less recoil than the 257,
And the 6.5 has greater frontal area than the 257.

Minutiae! And you could hunt for a lifetime and never tell the difference in the field.

But if it turns your crank, carry on!
There does seem to be quite a few people that believe the .257 has advantages over other bore sizes, or at the very least, is different enough to justify owning one.

And I am one of those quarter bore nuts. Been shooting a25/06 since the early 60s when it was still a wildcat. For the last 30 years, my favorite deer rifles have been the 257R, 257AI, and the 25/06.

The point is, for me and 99% of hunters, improving the BC from .4 to .57 would make no significant difference . If you want to shoot deer at long range or targets at long range, go for it.

And since we have stooped to name calling, l guess we Neanderthals do giggle at you boys who have to have the latest and greatest. :-)
Don't be concerned one little bit about name calling on internet forums. And in any case, it's very mild name calling. It's not like you've been called the holiest of holies. And one more thing that is a law: It is always better to have a more efficient bullet, ceterus parabus. Please understand this one point.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 02/23/23.