Originally Posted by 673
There is no reason for a Wolf to exist.

I have seen them destroy the best Mule deer hunting I have seen in a couple years.
It isn't the Wolves that need to disappear.

673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, if you're getting the soggy weather like we are, I hope the fire's burning bright for you all and that you're all well.

We've had wolves here for about a decade now, maybe a couple years more, but this season we were cutting their tracks everywhere. That's both east of us over into the West Kettle and up on the Aberdeen Plateau country too. Crazy amount of wolf tracks in both areas.

Have never seen so few mulies in 40 years and I mean no tracks in fresh snow for miles.

Something moved the elk herd right out of the entire drainage too.

Saw photos of a young fellow I taught CORE to a few years back who took a big one that came into his elk calling back in September.

For the first time ever during the last week of whitetail season I had a wolf howl back to me and then come in. It made a half circle in the timber, but I didn't see it ever.

Unless we get too much snow so we can't get in, we're going to see if we can call again.

Lots of coyotes up there too this year.

I'm not sure we can shoot enough of them to put a dent in their population, but we'll give it a go.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"