Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
for one thing ballistics is just simple math, the holdovers are not imaginary, if you are convinced they are show me the numbers, prove your bullshit or STFU! its that simple

This pretty much proves you can't fix stupid, where do you aim?
" You also shouldn't be aiming at the "deer shoulder" at 400 yards."

You have PLENTY of time to range and dial at 400 yards.

If you don't, then you haven't done your job staying concealed...and you have no business whatsoever attempting a shot. Let it walk.

It's that simple.
Concealed at 400 yards, the thought that game would see you at 400 yards is idiotic, pronghorn maybe, whitetails never

I'm actually on your side, but it's easy to tell you don't hunt much. At least not in terms of fu cking knowing your game animals and how exponentially better their eyes are than yours. If you've seen them, there's very heavy odds they could see you first. If you're moving your fat ass without an effort to conceal your movement you'll instantly change their presentation from unaware to alert and that will make your shot that much harder....IF they give you the time to make it.

I'll repeat, because you didn't hear it the first fu cking time. You have plenty of time to range and dial at 400 yards.

If you don't, you suck at what you're doing.
I heard you the first time, a deer walking on a timbered ridge at 400 yards may or may not give you time to do much, you spot them with binocs, then you range, check your chart, dial then shoot, why not just range, hold, and shoot. faster than a moa or mil reticle. where I hunt have saw many deer that just walk behind a tree and never come out and you never see them again.
here is an example of where I hunt. Its 307 yards to the cedars at the lower part of the pic at the field edge. have killed dozens of deer here
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Ridge_Runner; 12/27/23.

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)