Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
I heard you the first time, a deer walking on a timbered ridge at 400 yards

No, you didn't hear me the first time.

If that deer is walking, there's no shot.

Plenty of time to range and dial though, and WAIT for a shot.

You act like you don't see many deer, and have to "hurry". Around here there's always another deer, and another opportunity. Let the sketchy shots walk.

You're defending haphazard holdovers and I'm saying buy an optic appropriate for the job and learn how to use it. Just the simple body size of the deer changes your point of impact because your references are different from one body size to the next, and can lead to an effed up shot. Learn something about ranging with a reticle and subtending target size, and you'll understand what you're being told.
Are you really that stupid? deer do not just stand all day waiting to get shot, I am sure I have as good of optics as anyone and make use of them, this is not my first rodeo.
How many deer have you shot at a distance, your telling me to do what I do except for some reason you think dialing a turret is nessacary at less than 500 yards, do you wannna see my drop chart? zeroed at 300 yards my 6.5 gibbs will hit somewhere in a 9" circle from 100 to 400 yards. so dumbass you hold lower third of the shoulder to 200, dead on at 300, just under hair at 400. its not that hard for most folks, impossible for idiots. Remember, I use my ability not yours.
just so you know I use a Leica geo-pro, a kestrel 5700, teamed up with a loopy mark 4, have taken deer to 1350 yards, thats .77 miles and your saying I have to dial at 400 yards, man you gotta quit smokin that [bleep].

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)