Curious what your longest successful shot on a turkey is. And the gun, load, and choke you used. As well as the longest distance you have confidence in shooting at a bird.

All mine have been 40 and under. Most well under. I typically hunt thick forest. But I have been scouting a new state forest and WMA and it very much resembles a South Carolina or Georgia pine savannah. Large, mature pines, actively managed and burned, so very, very little undergrowth. The terrain is a bit hilly, with ravines with water and thick cover. It's a NWTF area and their signs are near the roads. I've seen birds and signs on both the forest and the WMA.

I MAY hunt there this weekend. We'll be in the middle of our 2 week winter season. If I do, I hope for a close shot, but I can definitely see the possibility of a longer range opportunity. I'm thinking my 10 gauge and a load 2 1/4 oz load of #4 and an extra full Briley choke. It puts a helluva dense pattern on paper at 40 yards. And I'm thinking I could stretch it a bit if necessary.